Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

I have spent the last week jumping through hoops for permits, insurance, occupational license etc. and as I was sitting in the bank opening my business account it hit me full force.  This is the last hoop, soon I will have more of a routine, my kitchen back, a time frame for work and play (Bwahahaha like there is a difference when you are doing something that you are absolutely in love with and obsessed with). It is so cool to watch a dream become something. You take a thought and make it real. You pull a rabbit out of your hat.  As I made my deposit into my brand spanking new account I began to realize, even though my new baby isn't feeding me yet, it is feeding itself. I look at empty jars in a whole new way.

Empty jars are waiting to be filled with possibilities.  They are full of dreams. Its  interesting how the sound of changes in boiling water.  While they are being sterilized they clink with anticipation and chatter as if they are discussing what will become of them. Silently and calmly they sit on my crawfish tray while being filled.  The sound of filling the jars is a sound of satisfaction with little plunks of whole fruit happily plopping into hot jell.  Then comes the contentment of quietly and carefully wiping the rims to install the lids. Did you know the bottoms of the jars sound like a well placed "high five" as they are placed in the waterbath? Then for a quiet 10 minutes they gurgle in a waterbath. The timer goes off like applause. Switches are turned off with a click and there is a silence filled with the drips of water coming off the jars and a careful click of glass on plastic crawfish tray and I wait.....plink...............plink.....plink. The sound of completion. And if all this isn't gratifying enough there is a wonderful "thunk" as the jar is opened. I love this new phase of life. I miss the sound of aviation and the excitement but I am so loving the quiet gurgles, bubbles and plinks of my new world. Silence is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment